Incentive Grant for ATI Specialty Materials
The Union County Board of Commissioners on Nov. 6, 2017 approved a “Step 3” Economic Development Incentive Grant for ATI Specialty Materials in the amount not to exceed $302,500 paid over a five-year period beginning in FY 2021. ATI Specialty Materials is considering an expansion with a potential value totaling $11,000,000. The project would include investment in a new building and new manufacturing equipment at its Bakers South facility on AeroPointe Parkway in Monroe. This grant was also based upon the company’s hiring of at least 5-10 full-time employees associated with the investment.
The WWTP Expansion project includes:
- Upgrade and expansion of the influent pump station.
- Replacement of the existing preliminary treatment facility with a new grit removal and odor control system
- Conversion of the existing biological treatment process to a diffused aeration system to enhance biological nutrient removal and provide additional capacity
- Replacement of the effluent disinfection system with a new high efficiency ultraviolet disinfection process
- Construction of a new residuals handling facilities which serves to stabilize and dewater the residual solids produced in the treatment process
The County awarded the contract to Adams Robinson Enterprises, Inc. in the amount of $36,673,000.00, which is the County’s largest capital improvement project in the last two decades.
Construction began September 2016 and targeted for completion in fall of 2019.